- 100 g whole grain spelt flour
- 50 g Chocolate Plenny Shake
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 chia egg* (or 1 tablespoon of applesauce or ½ mashed banana)
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of sweetener of choice (for instance date/maple syrup)
- 170 ml plant-based milk of choice
* for the chia egg, mix 1 tablespoon of chia seeds with 3 tablespoons of water. Let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Prepare the chia egg.
- When the chia egg has set, combine with Chocolate Plenny Shake, flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, apple cider vinegar, and your sweetener of choice.
- Add some of the plant-based milk of choice. The dough should be pretty thick.
- Let the waffle dough rest while waffle iron preheats.
- Bake according to waffle iron instructions.
- Serve with toppings like syrup, fruit, puffed amaranth, coconut chips, etc.
Please let us know what you think of this recipe by sending an e-mail to email@example.com!
Meet the family: