Want to try some real food from the Netherlands? Dutch people eat this during Sinterklaas, the best time of the year for Dutch kids (and adults with a sweet tooth.) but you can eat it whenever you feel like it of course. (It tastes a bit like gingerbread cookies)
- 150 grams of Plenny Shake Vanilla
- 100 grams of flour
- 1 bag of baking powder
- 50 grams of brown sugar
- 125 grams vegetable margarine
- 2 tablespoons of gingerbread spices
- 5 tablespoons water
- a pinch of salt
1. Preheat the oven to 175 degrees.
2. Mix the flour, Plenny Shake Vanilla and baking powder in a bowl.
3. Add the butter in small portions and keep mixing.
4. Add the brown sugar and gingerbread spices to the mix.
5. Add salt and water and kneed it to a solid dough.
6. Make small round shapes of the dough and spread them out evenly across the baking paper.
7. Bake the kruidnoten in the oven for 20 minutes till they're brown.
We'd love to hear what you think of this recipe! Please e-mail us your feedback to email@example.com